Disney+ Hotstar is an Indian brand of subscription video on-demand over-the-top streaming service operated by Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, a division of The Walt Disney Company. The brand was first introduced as Hotstar by Star India as a streaming service carrying content from its local networks, including films, television series, live sports, and original programming, as well as featuring content licensed from third-parties such as HBO and Showtime among others. Amid the significant growth of mobile broadband in India, Hotstar quickly became the dominant streaming service in the country. Following the acquisition of Star India's parent company 21st Century Fox by Disney in 2019, Hotstar was integrated with the company's new global streaming brand Disney+ as Disney+ Hotstar in April 2020. The co-branded service added Disney+ original programming, and films and television series from its main content brands of Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and National Geographic alongside the domestic and third-party content already carried on the platform. Outside of India, the Disney+ Hotstar service also operates in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand, which similarly combines entertainment content licensed from local, third-party studios, with the larger Disney+ library.
About the Task:
Cost Performance Engineering is about optimizing cloud infrastructure expenditures from an engineering standpoint. We are looking for staff software engineers who will be responsible for identifying and isolating critical points in our cloud infrastructure, shaping technical solution proposals, and driving the implementation of these across various engineering teams. The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and isolate critical points of the cloud infrastructure
- Shape technical solution proposals for the isolated points;
- Driving the implementation of these solutions across various engineering teams;
- Validating the changes in lower pre-prod environments;
- Interfacing with the teams that own these AWS resources.
What to Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred;
- 6-8 years of experience in relevant fields as a software engineer, cloud engineer, cloud architect;
- Proficient understanding of cloud infrastructure;
- Inquisitive mindset towards architectural and infrastructural details;
- Ability to proactively address challenges: don't wait or panic in front of bottlenecks, instead solve it proficiently;
- Proven experience in driving technical initiatives;
- Grasp on AWS fundamentals, Terraform templates;
- Grasp on low-level details such as the ability to reason about the performance of databases, caches (RDS, Elasticache), Docker (for Java & Go Services) is a good to have skill for this project;
- Capacity to generate innovative ideas and solutions;
- Strong technical communication skills to be employed with various stakeholders.
Key skills required
About the assignment
- Atrašanās vieta
- Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda etc, Lietuva
- Rate (after tax)
- €5370 - 6720/mēnesī
- Ilgtermiņa projekts (>12 mēneši)