Senior Java Software Engineer | Oddschecker Global Media
Oddschecker Global Media (“OGM”) is an iGaming publishing group with a team of over 200 motivated and hardworking individuals based across the globe. Having long being aligned with Sky Betting & Gaming, we have recently been acquired by Bruin Capital in 2021.
OGM comprises three affiliate brands (Oddschecker, WhoScored, CasinoSmash) and a digital media agency (VIME) with offices in the UK, Barcelona, and Lithuania, and products operated in regulated markets across the world, including in the UK, USA, and across Europe.
OGM is a market leader in the gambling affiliate space with oddschecker being the leading name in odds comparison globally. The UK online gambling industry has been one of the fastest-growing and technologically innovative sectors over the last 5 years and OGM has been at the center of this. Our current focus is on product innovation and international expansion.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
This is an exciting opportunity to join Oddschecker’s growing development team working on delivering prices from our bookmaker partners to our clients as quickly and efficiently as possible. If you are ready to be challenged, you will collaborate across multiple teams in a highly agile environment to solve complex technical problems. We are a cloud-first company, and you will develop our low latency, high volume, odds processing platform utilizing the latest technologies, including ones proposed by yourself. Central to Oddschecker’s business you will use your experience of server-side development to innovate on our platform and ensure we continue to create the best products available.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
- Building maintainable, testable, resilient software systems including monitoring and operational impact throughout the process;
- Working with the latest cloud technologies with large data sets and challenging requirements;
- Owning the end to end software delivery process;
- Working alongside others to design the system;
- Working as part of a team – mentoring developers and ensuring coding standards are met.
We need someone who is:
The candidate should be proficient in working as part of a team, a self-starter who ideally (but not essentially) has a keen interest in sports and the betting industry.
You should have knowledge of the following:
- Minimum of 5 years experience of server-side development in a commercial environment;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Strong communication skills, ambition, and an enthusiasm for learning new languages and technology;
- Rigorous approach to automated software testing.
- Ambition for technical leadership;
- Demonstrable programming ability in Java8+;
- Working knowledge of Spring Boot and its best practices;
- Experience with NoSQL and RDBMS data platforms (e.g. MySql, Big Table, Big Query, Elasticsearch, Redis);
- Working with distributed systems (RabbitMQ / Kafka / PubSub);
- Working with a mixture of RESTful and push APIs (JSON and XML);
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform;
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery;
- Highly valuing efficiency and understanding the importance of writing clean code;
- Working in an Agile team and following strong Agile Software Development practices (TDD, BDD, CI/CD, etc);
- Working with high volume, low latency systems.
What you’ll get back from us
Alongside being challenged daily and a real interest in your development, you will also receive:
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience;
- Competitive bonus scheme;
- Accident insurance;
- Free healthcare, life assurance, and income protection;
- Training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development;
- 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days);
- Dynamic global organization, ~240 amazing colleagues all around the Globe;
- Opportunity to shape the future of our products using Mac/Windows;
- Snacks all day long in a fully equipped kitchen;
- Opportunity to travel across offices;
- Truly open and flexible environment (flexible working hours, hybrid working model);
- High-performing and growth-oriented environment for employees (1on1 culture, online training courses, conferences, office library, performance appraisals every 4months!);
- Supportive and caring culture (Selfcare day, Employee Assistance Program, supportive team leads)
- Stress-free relaxing zones with foosball, darts, Xbox, fun colleagues, plank challenges, sports challenges;
- Social Events, Christmas and Summer parties, poker evenings, Halloween celebrations;
- Check how we live on our IG: oddschecker_global_media_lt